Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting in the Christmas mood

I have been trying to get a jump start on my Christmas cards this year, and since I'm off of work I have been trying to make a bunch of cards, but with the house and Jack , I haven't had too much crafting time.  My goal was to make one card a day while I was off, and I have been off for 5 days and have 4 cards made, so I guess I'm not doing too bad.

With this first card, I wanted to challenge myself by picking a color you don't see too often on Christmas cards, so I picked yellow, not gold, but yellow.  I was going through my papers that people have rak'd me and I found this perfect paper.  I don't think it turned out too bad.

This next card is for a sketch challenge over on Card Makin Mamas.  I got this image in a Christmas swap last year.

I took an up-close pic of the snowflake so you could see how sparkly it is.

2 comments:

Sanwanya said...

Ilove your cards,I am trying to get a jump start on my christmas cards too but so far its not working out for me.sigh

ivy said...

i know how it is---even if you're off, there's all this other stuff to do 'round the house!