Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blue Bird Special

This first card I made for my brother's birthday.  I tried to make it masculine yet funny.  This image was a Dustin Pike freebie.  The inside says Happy Birthday, You Old Bird.  I don't have that stamp so I made my own rub-on with my printer and a transparency sheet.

The second card

I wanted to try out my new stamp.  I chose the colors from this rak'd paper that I had.  The corner sticker is from a sticker pack I got from Cass.  I did not have a sentiment stamp that would work with this Happy Hopper stamp, so I printed off a rub-on again.  I don't know where I found the directions for this but you have to print on the shiny side of the transparency, print at best quality and as a mirror image, then after you print it, let it dry, then place it down on the paper and rub with a popsicle stick.  I just loved this image cause of my job.  

4 comments:

ivy said...

i can see my 2 boys pullin a stunt like that! not brushing their teeth but maybe getting hoisted up to get a sweet treat from the kitchen cupboard!
BTW, the B&W plates are target melamine! :-)

Shemaine Smith said...

Cute cards Heather! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!!Nice to see you!

jennruggeri75 said...

What a neat idea!! I will have to try those rub ons. These cards are amazing Heather... that hopper image is too cute!

Sanwanya said...

Great cards Heather!Love the rub on idea..I will have to try that soon.I havent stamp in over a week and its kindof getting to me.Have a great weekend((hugs))