Sunday, July 29, 2012

2 year weight loss Anniversary

Well 2 years ago I decided to eat better and work out every day. I pretty much lost all my weight in the first year and have been toning and building muscle in the second year.  I had originally lost 80 pounds in the first year, went from a size 20 to a size 8.  Over this past year everyone kept telling me I look smaller but I have gained 10 pounds and was getting upset about that, because I eat pretty well and am actually allergic to gluten now, so I am kind of forced to eat healthy.  I didn't want to gain weight on the scale, I wanted to lose 10 more pounds on the scale, so I would be in the middle of the healthy weight range for my height.  But, I noticed I had gained weight so I got a heart rate monitor to find out how many calories I was burning, cause I had been working out extra hard.  Well, doing most of my workouts at home, I was burning between 500 and 1,000 calories during my workouts. I eat between 1,700 and 2,000 calories per day (if I don't feel good I eat less, about 1,500 and if it's a holiday or birthday I eat more about2,200). Over the past year my 8's are fitting loose and I can wear a size 6 now.  So, although I wanted to lose 10 more pounds on the scale and gained 10 (which means now I have to lose 20 on the scale), but am smaller and have more muscle tone, I have come to the conclusion that over the past year I have packed on 10 pounds of muscle.  So even though I am bummed that I have gained weight on the scale, I much rather gain muscle than fat.
So I decided to compare a few pictures of me wearing the same outfits a year apart.
This first picture was taken in summer of 2011.
This next picture in the same dress was taken last month
This picture in the black dress was taken in July of 2011
This next picture in the same dress was taken in May of this year
So, I guess I will continue to build muscle and stay healthy and not worry about what the scale says.

 

2 comments:

This N That said...

See, that is the trick. Muscle weighs more than fat. My numbers went down, then they just stayed there, but I see my fat going away. I hate that I don't see the numbers I want, but I want muscles like yours and jillians, haha

Toothy said...

Yeah Cass, scales suck! I am going by my clothes now, if they fit a bit snug I work harder at it.