Monday, October 27, 2014

Gluten free cooking doesn't have to be difficult

I finally got the hang of this gluten free cooking. This was my dinner last night:grilled tilapia ,asparagus,  and a baked potato.  Tonight for dinner I had pulled pork sandwiches (we like Kinnikinnic bread) leftover asparagus and strawberries.  Here is the recipe for the pork tenderloin in the crock pot then we shredded with a fork. I used:
A 3 pound pork tenderloin
1 cup of gluten free chicken broth
Half cup of apple cider
1 Tbsp of gluten free soy sauce
1 Tbsp of gluten free worcestershire sauce ,I used Lee and Perrins
1 Tbsp of honey
Half teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Half teaspoon of garlic powder
Then I cooked on low for 8 hrs. You don't have to cook but 6. I was just really busy.
Then shred with fork. I added the meat to gf bread then put gf sweet baby rays barbecue sauce on it. Was soooo yummy. I don't have a picture of the pork as it was devoured pretty quickly.