Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful

I am thankful  for so many things:
My family is amazing
My son and I have so much fun together - I  love relearning  things  through  his eyes , to see the beauty in simple  things like  a pile of leaves or a rainbow. I also love  how we both love  singing  and dancing  and have duet parties. Did I mention  games , this family loves games especially  when we can beat Jason.

I am so thankful for my husband and the decisions  he has made for this family, although sometimes  I may be skeptical  of his decisions they have brought  us closer and made us stronger.  I never thought I would admire him so much. His intelligence always amazes me. Why Google when  you have a Jason , LOL

I'm  thankful  for our dog  Maya because  Jason will never admit this but Maya brings out his softer side. She is a good listener  especially  when I'm  rubbing  her belly. Haha
I'm  thankful for my health more or less, some days are a struggle and my whole body aches,cause auto  immune diseases  suck but I refuse to let it consume me. At least now I have  a cause for all my joint pain , constant  headaches , anemia, several  vitamin  deficiencies, hair loss , depression, dry eye , exhaustion , anxiety etc ,  the list  goes on and on. It's  amazing what Celiac disease causes and Doctors  are still continuing  to discover  more things about  it.
I'm  Thankful for my job. I love What I do , most days. I enjoy where  I work and all my coworkers most of the time  ( hey we are human and we have  bad days and take it out on each other sometimes ) but  we are a team and we have pretty  great team work  and we get it done.

Mostly  I'm  thankful  for a roof over my head , clean  clothes, food , water, electricity.  We as a society overlook things like that and always want the latest technology  and the newest everything. 

I have  always given back  as much as I can and that is what  the Holiday season is all about. So I encourage  people to give back : donate  money ,volunteer at the red cross or soup kitchens , donate canned food to your local  food pantry  or red cross , Angel tree , Toys for Tots , a local  person having  to buy extremely  expensive medicine on a daily basis just to keep their child  alive (donate what you can and spread the word that you know of a family in need),  cook and bring food to shut in's (my Mom does this for each  holiday). I have done all these things. This year I have  donated money to a couple local families  that are in need , gloves and hats to the local  library mitten tree , soon we will be stuffing backpacks for children going to foster care. I'm not finished yet , I'm  just  getting  started.
Remember  what you have in life, slow down and take it in , be kind and courteous. Life is too short to be angry all the time,  so be kind instead, and if there  are people  that are super  mean  and rude and you don't  want to be kind to them , avoid and ignore them as much as possible.  Haha I hope I remember  that last statement  when all the family  is together  for the holidays.

No comments: