Saturday, March 21, 2009

a couple of cards tor the shower






Here is a picture of the pretty cake and upcakes that Melissa brought from Sam's club.  On cafemom there are a few card groups that I am a member of and like to participate in their sketch challenges, this was the sketch this week in the card makin mamas

group, and I just used it to make Anna's bridal shower card.  You can't tell in the picture (stupid camera), but the white paper is sponged with pink and green ink with a makeup sponge, also the green paper wasn't taped down yet for the picture so it shifted a little, but just look at the sketch and you can tell how it was supposed to look.  Well. it is not one of my best cards, but with everything I had to do for the shower I didn't have much time for card making, so this literally took me 10 minutes to whip up ( the image was colored ahead of time ).  Thank goodness for sketches.  The next card is a simple thank you card.  I had 20 to make so I kept it simple.  The green paper is embossed with the swiss dots folder through my cuttlebug, and the scallop was cut with my scalloped oval nestabilities set.  The last picture is of me at the end of the night after I got everything cleaned up and was about to veg out in front of the tv (don't I look tired).  I miss Jack I am glad he is coming back from Nanna's tomorrow.  

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks for having us! We had fun, just sorry we couldn't stay longer!

LINDA said...

Great cards!!! The cake and cupcakes look so yummy..
Hugs, Linda

Callie said...

That cake is too stinkin cute. Looks like you guys had a really good time at the shower! Thanks for coming back to my blog so much! Keep entering for more chances to win!