Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This week has flown by






Well last weekednd just flew by, my soon-to-be sister in law had her bachlorette party, I made 3 cards and my mother-in-law Elaine had a little family get together Sunday ( steak and shrimp yummy), she had some friends visiting from Wisconsin.  I just love family get togethers, you get to catch up and Jack just loves playing with his cousins.  He loves Nathaniel and all but boy does he follow everything that Alek does, it is pretty cute. Thursday night and most of the day Friday I spent making Anna's special shirt that she had to wear at her Bachlorette party.  Then finally when that was finished ( I hope to never see another lifesaver, ever again) I got the chance to make some cards.  The first card was a challenge to make an open swing top card for the addicted 2 bellas group on cafemom, you had to do this technique and of course use a bella.  I used a rak'd image I can't remember her name, but I just love this image.  I needed to make a card for a sweet little girl who is turning 3 next month,  I used the same patterned paper as I used from Gracies room plaque that I made.  I just love the paper it is so girly and tropical.  The next card was for a challenge on the CCC, the challenge was to make a card using a Critter of course but it could not be a stamped critter, and to use some kind of distressing.  So I got out my glittered chipboard critters and found a cute glittered worm and I went fishing through my big box of stamped images from other cardmakers and found this cute buggy sentiment.  I distressed the edges of the paper with different colors of chalk ink.  The last card is for a sketch challenge in the CCC.  I just kept it real simple, cause I needed a manly get well card for the spouse of a co-worker, he is not doing so well.

No comments: