Sunday, August 18, 2013

crafting with Jack about Jack

I got to hang out with my friend Cass, she drove up for the day, now that school has started back and both are kids are in school we had a whole day to shop and craft.  I tell you, I could get used to that, I think we should try this at least once a month.
So, um, my son will be 7 in a few months and I'm just now getting around to finishing his first scrapbook, but uh, better late than never I guess.  I know that I will never do a month by month milestones book ever again, it was too difficult. I rather scrap fun events than a whole entire month on one page, but I'm doing it and I'm almost done.

 Love this paper, now that I smash book and scrapbook, my smashing stuff has crossed over into the scrapbooking. I love journaling tags and Washi tape. I don't even look at my ribbon anymore. Why ribbon when you can Washi.
 Love the colors on this one, the blue boarder was a gift from Cass and the pretty leaf paper from above was from her too. I love having a crafty friend, and we are both so giving, every time we see each other, she has stuff for me and I have stuff for her.  Even if it's a journal card from a pack that we thought the other person could use or free paint chips in a particular color.
 I love that Jack has been wanting to craft with me. LOL, I have my smash book stuff in my craft room and we have been scrapbooking in the guest room.
 I finally got his first Halloween scrapped.  I spent so much time scrapping his milestones, trying to make them look as boyish as possible, that I got sick of the same colors over and over again.  So, I figure everyone knows he is a boy, what does it matter if I want to put flowers on his page or a doily, right.  So I have started adding my own little girlie embellishments and add-ons here and there.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I think this book will get done this year, oh yes it will.

No comments: