Saturday, August 10, 2013

Milestones and Records

We had a few milestones this week, I have been training extra hard for a half marathon that I want to run in March, the Dr wants me to start using an inhaler for my asthma before I run, I barely passed the output test. The pharmacy didn't have the prescription ready so I ran without it. Instead of focusing on miles, now I'm trying to focus on time. How far I can get in an hour, hour and a half, 2 hours, etc.  So this wasn't the first time I have ran,walked, jogged for an hour, but I usually have a friend with me and we talk and catch up, so this was the first time I really focused and pushed myself. I ran, jogged the whole first lap around the park (which is 1.25 miles in 14 minutes then I kind of jog walked the other 3 laps. All in all I did 5 miles in 1 hr and 8 min for my first timed hour run. Here are my goofy pictures.  First of all I did this in the evening after work, note to self, much easier to run in the morning, not after eating Mexican food for lunch.

 Another milestone this week, my little man's first day of first grade and there were not any tears, he genuinely seemed excited, he was a little nervous that he wouldn't be able to find his classroom though but he did.

 The first run was Tuesday after work, my second run was Friday morning after I got jack sent off to school. I did my first lap in 12 minutes and 5 miles in an hour and 2 minutes, then I came home and jumped rope, did squats, crunches and pushups, and yes that is Jack's jump rope.


1 comment:

This N That said...

I have no excuses...and yet, you still are way more awesome than I am!