Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor day Weekend Post #3

Cass came up to spend the day carding with me on Sunday.  We both had babysitters for our sons, so it was a fun filled day of carding without the kids.  I do say it was so much easier to make cards without the kids.  

Here is a pic of the happy cardmakers.

These are the great cards that Cass made.

Here is a pic of the set of cards I made for my Mom, they were supposed to color coordinate, but I only had enought of the pretty maroon and gray paper for 2.

This is my least favorite card, but my Mom liked it and it was for her .  I got the felt flowers from Cass's stash and I used her gold stickles too.

This is my favorite card that I made for my Mom.  I embossed the burgandy white core paper with the cb and then sanded it , so you can see the birds better.  I got the sentiment from Lisa and the skittles from Cass's stash.  It's fun to card with a friend cause you get inspiration from their stash.

This next card, I got to try out Cass's cricket and I put the sentiment on the inside, I used her gold stickles again, which is funny cause if I had gold stickles I would probably never use them.

 

the inside of the card.

This is one of my favorite cards, cause I loove owls.  This image is by doodle street, the felt corner and heart embellies came from Cass's stash

This is another image by doodle street and I love the image but I shouldn't have used the mushroom paper behind the image.

I didn't like it so I decided to color the top of the mushroom differently.  I think it looks better now.

1 comment:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I love your cards Heather!!! It looks like you and Cassandra had a wonderful time! I love your Doodle Street images ;)!! Beautiful cards!!! I LOVE the owl one :)!!!