Friday, May 11, 2012

Cobbler

I found this recipe on pinterest and followed it to this girls weight loss blog and she has a ton of healthy and yummy looking recipes. This recipe was super easy and calls for just 3 ingredients: Frozen fruit, cake mix and sprite.  I didn't have mixed berried or strawberries like she used, I just had a big bag of frozen unsweetened blueberries, I used yellow cake mix and sprite zero.  I used one of her reviewer's advice about stirring the cake mix and sprite together and it ended up great. Even though I made it for the Mother's Day celebration at my Mom's tomorrow, I had to take a little taste. Sorry Mom for the missing spoon full.  It was so yummy, it was sweet, but not too sweet and I am taking vanilla ice cream to serve with it. I baked mine at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
Thank you to her commenter that said to stir them together, cause it ended up great without any dry areas.
A different view, showing all the berries. I might make this for July 4th with blueberries, strawberries and vanilla ice cream.
A picture of my little helper, he stirred and poured and in between dances on the Just Dance game he came in and looked at it with the oven light to see it turn into cake.  I can't wait to dig into this tomorrow at Mom's.

1 comment:

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

I just saw your comment on the original thread. It looks like mixing the cake mix and the soda worked better.

Thanks for the tip!