Thursday, May 3, 2012

Uh Thanks?

Here are some of the weird and random compliments? I have gotten since I lost weight.
"Wow your eyes are big now"
"you have tiny feet now"
"you can see lines and muscles around your mouth now"
"Wow, you have a super skinny neck"
"Your legs from the knee down are tiny"
"Did you always have freckles"
"Don't lose any more weight, you look anorexic"
This is what I feel like saying to those responses
Were my eyes not big before, did my fat face swallow them or something?
Were my feet huge before?
Are you saying that my head is huge, if my neck is super skinny?
So, my legs are tiny from the knees down, what are you trying to say about my thighs?  I know I have tree trunk legs but sheesh do ya have to point it out.
YES, I always had freckles!!!
The anorexic comment hurts the most, because for your information, I am 5 foot 6 and a half inches tall and should weigh between 130 and 160, and I am currently 144 pounds, so I am still in my weight range, I am not under weight, I do eat and I do not binge (thank you very much).  I was just determined and set a goal and people that know me really well know that when I set a goal for something NOTHING will stop me from my goal.
Whew, I feel better, I just had to get that off my chest.
FYI, I have always had a low self esteem so when you tell someone like me that I have a skinny neck, I become paranoid and think holey cow do I look like Maria Shriver or something?
I should also note that I have had a glass of wine.! hee hee, so if this blog post offends you in anyway, just ignore it.

1 comment:

This N That said...

Good for you, mama. People have NO TACT. Gracious.